Window World Warranty Overview & Label
Subject to the limitations and exclusions (below), Window World (“Company”) warrants to the original purchaser/property owners (“Owner”) and, if any, Owner’s immediate transferee, excluding all other subsequent transferees, that any window or vinyl sliding patio door (“Warranted Products(s)”) installed by the Company is free from defects in material and workmanship for as long as the Owner or Owner’s immediate transferee resides in the home in which the Warranted Product(s) are installed. See printed Window World manufacturer’s product warranties for complete details.
Vinyl Parts Warranty
Under normal use, the vinyl components of the Warranted Product(s) will not blister, peel, rot or corrode.
Mechanical Parts Warranty
All mechanical parts (lock’s, vent stops, balances) are warranted to be free from manufactured defects in material and workmanship. Replacements for any defected mechanical parts will be supplied at no charge.
Insulated Glass Unit Warranty
The sealed insulated glass unit is warranted against defects resulting in material obstruction of vision from film formation caused by dust or moisture in the dead air space of the unit for the life of the Warranted Product(s). If the glass unit fails, the Company will provide the Owner with a replacement insulated glass unit or sash at no charge.
Glass Breakage Warranty
The Company will provide the Owner with a replacement insulated glass unit or sash in the event of accidental glass breakage.
All labor necessary to correct any item covered by this warranty will be provided at no charge by the Company.
This warranty may be transferred to the Owner’s immediate transferee provided the Company is notified of transfer within thirty (30) days of the property’s transfer date. The written correspondence must be mailed to the address below and must include a transfer fee of $50, the original Owner’s name and address of product installation; transferee’s name, address, telephone number and the Window World location responsible for the installation. Labor warranty does not transfer.
Window World, Inc.
118 Shaver Street
North Wilkesboro, NC 28659
General Limitations and Exclusions
- Warranty covers non-impact products installed in owner-occupied single-family residences.
- Damage from Acts of God (hurricanes, tornadoes, flood, etc.), Acts of War (riots, vandalism, fire, and stress) resulting from localized heat or modifications is not covered by this warranty.
- Color variance may occur between replacement parts and weathered original material.
- Labor Warranty does not transfer to Owner’s immediate transferee.
- This warranty is exclusively for the window(s) and patio door(s) installed by the Company. Any additional products, such as entry doors and storm doors, installed by the Company in conjunction with the window and/or patio door contract will carry the warranty provided by their manufacturer(s).
- Glass Breakage Warranty excludes garden, special shape and tempered windows, as well as beveled-leaded, grooved and laminated glass.
- Caulking – To seal window frame or trim package against water and/or air filtration, caulking may be necessary on some installations. Caulking maintenance is the responsibility of the homeowner. It is not considered part of the product and is not covered under warranty.
- Condensation – On windows and patio doors, condensation may occur as the natural result of humidity within a home or changes in interior/exterior temperature. It does not indicate a product defect. The warranty covers neither condensation, not frost, nor freezing from condensation on the windows or patio doors.
Window World manufacturer’s product warranties give specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Warranty coverage begins with project completion and final payment.
Finding Your Warranty Label
The warranty label on your windows will provide all pertinent information about your windows for years to come. The label should be left on the window frame for possible future reference. The label includes the following information:
The warranty label number references our manufacturer’s database containing all window and component information.
If you need warranty service, write to the address listed on your warranty and state the nature of the claim within 30 days of discovery. We will refer your claim to the proper representative. Please allow a reasonable amount of time for an inspection. We will process your claim as per the terms of the product warranty.